Saturday, September 10, 2011

Pictures of You

I found this book very touching.  It concerns two women running away from failed marriages.  On a foggy country road an unavoidable collision leaves one of them dead and the other trying to cope with her grief and guilt.  I had a hard time putting it down, especially in the first few chapters.

It is an emotional story,  as the survivor deals with her own devastation as well as that of the husband and young son of the dead woman.  It raises the questions of what do we do with the fate that life hands us, how do we move beyond tragedy to redemption, hope and healing.

It does not have a story-book ending, but one that I think rings true.  As you can tell, I liked this book quite a lot and I will be looking for other books by this writer.

Pictures of You              Caroline Leavitt    Algonquin Books of Chapel Hill

2 comments:

  1. I just put a hold on this at the library. Looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be interested in what you think about it.

    ReplyDelete