Friday, May 20, 2011

All About Lulu

Somehow or other, I ended up with two books by the same author in my stack.  Even though I didn't care much for the first one I read ("West of Here" which I reviewed awhile back),  I decided to read this one and I did like it a little better.  This author will never make my list of favorites, though.

The novel concerns a hopeless love affair between two young people.   Not exactly ground-breaking material, but there is a twist at the end which anybody but me could have spotted two miles away.  I think I missed it because I was not really engaged with the story to start with, but it explained (sort of) the anguish and mystery and heartbreak, etc., etc.

This would be a good summer poolside book.  Easy to read, easy to lay down.  And a little  more substance than many summer-time novels.  About 3 1/2 stars.


All About Lulu      Jonathan  Evison      Soft Skull Press

No comments:

Post a Comment